GENERAL CONTEST RULES – 104.9 the River
Please note that individual contests may have additional or updated rules.
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Void where prohibited by international, federal, state, or local law.
3. One winner per household. Winning households are ineligible to win another prize on the station for 30 days. Per internet privacy laws, online contests are limited to people 13 years of age and older.
4. Winners are responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes which may or may not be payable due to receipt of prize. Any additional costs related to prizes or incurred as results of accepting a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any and all federal, state, and local laws apply to contests.
5. Participants may not use sophisticated telephone or computer equipment to win the contest. Winners who are found to have used such equipment will be disqualified.
7. OCMG, Inc./104.9 the River (Company/Station) reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time. All prize award decisions are final. The decisions of OCMG, Inc. management are final. Rules may be changed by OCMG, Inc. at any time during contest.
8. Winners must agree to release and hold harmless OCMG, Inc., 104.9 the River and its affiliates, agencies, advertisers, sponsors, licensees, and immediate families from claims, liabilities, or legal actions which may arise as a result of winning a prize in the contest.
9. Employees, agencies, representatives, affiliates, and immediate families of OCMG, Inc., 104.9 the River and any official contest/promotion participant, and employees of other radio stations licensed to communities in the Columbus, Ohio market are not eligible.
10. Contests are open to legal Ohio residents.
11. Prizes may not be exchanged, substituted, transferred or redeemed for other prizes by winner. Prizes are non-transferable, and cash will not be awarded as a substitute for prize.
12. To be eligible to win, each winner may be required to sign a release giving OCMG, Inc., 104.9 the River permission to use his or her name, picture, portrait, likeness and voice for publicity purposes connected with this promotion without additional compensation. Winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and release as a condition of winning. Where applicable, tax forms must be completed.
13. Winners must present a photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc) before prize will be distributed. All insurance costs are the responsibility of the winner.
14. Prizes may be claimed at 881 East Johnstown Road, Gahanna, Ohio 43230. Office hours are Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:00pm (excluding holidays). Winners have thirty (30) days to claim prize. Prizes may or may be available for mailing. If you win concert tickets and are directed to pick them up at “will call”, they will be available at the concert “will call” one hour before the starting time of the concert unless otherwise specified.
15. Prizes not claimed in 30 thirty days will be forfeited by winner.
16. By entering, entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify OCMG, Inc., 104.9 the River, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, employees and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant’s participation, or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
17. OCMG, Inc., 104.9 the River is not responsible in the event of any technical difficulties with any equipment, including telephone, cellular or computer equipment during any and all contests. In the event that the call becomes disconnected OCMG, Inc., 104.9 the River reserves the right to move onto the next caller and/or entry. OCMG, Inc., 104.9 the River is not responsible problems with the delivery of the mail and/or packages via the USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL or any other courier service.
18. OCMG, Inc., 104.9 the River is not responsible for any events beyond their control (acts of God, canceled concert, artist or performer non-appearance, etc).
19. Contest rules may vary with individual contests.
20. For a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Contest Winners”, OCMG, Inc., 104.9 the River, 881 East Johnstown Road, Gahanna, Ohio 43230.